Monday, November 2, 2009

My most favorite cookies in the whole wide world....
I made a plate for Poppa to take to work, and a plate for the halloween party we attended.
Here is my family recipe, mmm....:
Holiday cookies

  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened.
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1tsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1tsp Allspice
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking Soda, dissolved in 2tbsp hot water.

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar together, then mix in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, start mixing, then add the water/baking soda mixture. Stir, place on wax paper and make into a log or disk, and refridgerate for 1/2 hour to a few days, you can also freeze it and use it another day.

Roll out to 1/4 '' thick, bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 9 - 10 minutes, till lightly browned, cool on wire rack.

Excuse me while I go mop up my drool.....

No comments:

Post a Comment