Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My baby is turning 1!

My little Elliebean is turning 1 soon, so this weekend coming up I'm throwing her a party with all her little friends. These are the favors that I've made for her guests, which range from almost three year olds (13 of them!!) like her sister Josie, to 7 almost brand new babies - 1 year olds.

These are the invitations, I wanted a fall theme, since she doesn't have a favorite character or anything yet, I picked my favorite, lol. Pumpkins. owls, and fall colors, mmmmm.... cozy.

These are some little felt creatures Josie and me made, for glueing onto the favor bags for the older toddlers. It'll be the craft at the party, fun stuff! 13, 2 1/2 year olds with glitter glue!

Josie requested a purple cat, when she was tired of owls, squrrels, pumpkins and acorns.... It makes me laugh, I made it in like two seconds and she requested that it "look like the purple cat at the craft store" which was a sparkly halloween cat with an arched back, made out of purple garland.


My army of little owls for Ellie's smaller baby friends. There's actually two more then this, but Ellie and Josie both stole one for themselves, which was fine by me, they got the practice *not so perfect* ones.


A close up look. I did they eyes by hand, but the rest is machine stitched. Felt for the eyes, minky for the tummies, brown polar fleece for the bodies, and yellow ribbon for the beaks and feet.


The treat bags to decorate! I sewed these with fabric remnants I found in the mark down bin at Wal-mart, how convenient, I got the brown fleece for the owls there as well. Just enough of all of them to get everything done!

This is what is supposed to sort of happen, but, probably alot sparklier since they'll be using glitter glue in autumn colors I got at wal-mart. My house will be glittery for months I bet.

A close up again, with a bit of glitter glue decoration to make them not so plain.
It will be exciting, only 3 days left to get ready!! Poppa's momma, "Mimi" will be attending as well, how exciting!









No comments:

Post a Comment