Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Cookie Swap!

This went well for our first year and all... it had a HUGE turnout, 20 people! Although, I'm wondering what went wrong with my math skills, because we were short cookbooks, cookies, and somebody didn't show up even. I also forgot to put two peoples recipes in the book, talk about a mommy brain moment.

There were 19 cookbooks in a row here, I think I should have stolen that camera on the table to take pictures, because mine from my cell phone, are total crap, but you get the gist of it, lol.
OMG that pail on the table there, some lovley lady brought one of those for Patty (the other hostess, who was nice enough to host it at her huge house) and for me. It's a bucket of sented sidewalk salts! How cute is that??? I can't wait to try them. Right now our sidewalk needs a good shoveling, since it's been -54 degrees C with the windchill, BRRRRR!

The spread, we had other yummy snacks, like cider, wine, Patty's home made spinach dip, a veggie tray. I made sushi, a cheese wreath, and homemade eggnog, mmmmm.... Why did I not take better pictures? I hope Santa brings me a camera for Christmas!
We had the following yummy cookies/candy/bars:
  • Ricotta cookies
  • Nanaimo bars
  • Chocolate cookie sandwhiches
  • Whoopie Pies
  • Cow pies
  • Chocolate Crackle cookies
  • Peppermint Chocolate filled Meringues (mine!)
  • Peppermint Twist Kisses
  • Cranberry Hazelnut Biscotti
  • Caramel Squares
  • Cracker Candy
  • Kris Kringle Cookies
  • Gooey Ginger Cookies
  • Winters Best Gingersnaps
  • White Chocolate Cookie Bits
  • Banana Oatmeal Cookies
  • Toffee Snowballs
  • Good ol Chocolate Chip
  • Black Forest Cookies


I did these up for Poppa to take to work with him. Yet another terrible picture.... I made the Gooey Ginger cookies that somebody brought to the cookie swap. I printed the recipe on the other side of the tag.




The Gooey Ginger Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment